Plumbing in large businesses is intricate and purpose-built. It’s not surprising that the increased complexity and heavier use in commercial applications could create bigger problems than you typically see in a home. Some problems often seen in an enterprise setting include:
• Failing Fixtures – Commercial fixtures endure frequent use, eventually leading to leaks and failures.
• Clogged Pipes –Pipes in businesses are often clogged with paper and/or improperly disposed trash. In restaurants, grease also builds up and narrows pipes over time.
• Improper Pressure – Modifications made to accommodate new areas or functionality may render existing plumbing incapable of providinggood water pressure.
• Inadequate Supply – Another problem most likely to crop up after a system is altered, this is usually the result of existing tanks not being large enough to supply increased demand.
• Unsafe Plumbing – Sometimes, plumbing just wasn’t installed correctly. Pipes may be too close to electrical. Venting may allow backflow of sewer gases. Improper materials may have been used to carry gas or propane.
Big businesses see the same sorts of problems as homes, but on a much larger scale due to the scope and complexity of the plumbing involved. When a problem rears its ugly head, it’s important to seek professional help immediately. Click here for more information on commercial plumbing in Apex.